Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Refinishing A Chair

Today, I refinished a dining room chair.  I have done many pieces of furniture.  Some worked out well and others were complete flops so, I will share my favorite products and the steps that have worked for me.  First of all, find an ugly chair that has a pretty skeleton (decorative work or just strait if that's what you like.)
I love the woodwork on this chair but, hate the colors and fabric.  No problem, I'll just change it.
  First, I remove the cushion and clean the chair.
Then, I spray paint it a MATTE BLACK. I prefer the .98 cent spray paint at Wal-mart  Matte adheres to the slick coat on the chair without having to sand it first.  After the spray paint is completely dry, I coat it with a brush on Krylon Paint.(Sold right next to the spray paint)
After completely dry, I like to sand the edges to give the chair a shabby-chic look
to be cont......